Saturday, April 2, 2011

How it all started

     So, here we are, you and I, and of course the two boys.  We are sitting in our modest living room with all of the window shades up on a very sunny Saturday morning.  I make it a habit now to pull up the honeycomb shades and let the sun in because my dear friend and very gifted medium has informed me that the sun will help burn off negative energy in the house.  AND...I can't have any of that around here.  You should know from the start that, contrary to popular belief, I am simply a supporting character in this story...and, of course, I've also agreed to narrate.  The main characters are the boys who are currently arguing on the couch, even after promising and crossing their heart that today they would not fight.  So much for the whole telepathy thing that crystals are supposed to use to communicate.  That would certainly be helpful when they are fighting...
     About a year ago my oldest, who was ten, began to hear from spirits.  The first time he was alone on the back porch and he heard someone call his name.  The poor kid...seeing that he was alone out there, it scared the daylights out of him.  He jumped out of his seat and charged into the house.  He was huffing and puffing, obvioulsy very frightened.  Shortly after that he started seeing orbs, spiritual imprints in my cul-de-sac, and my childhood dog in my living room. Things started happening very quickly.  It was happening so much that I actually asked him to slow down, I wasn't ready for all this.  Obviously, I needed to call someone about this.  A doctor?   I spent days wondering who the heck would help us figure this out without signing my son up for psychological thereapy.  Clearly my protective parenting instincts were ablaze.  Then I remembered that I met someone only a few months before who told me I'd be calling again.  Of course, at the time I shrugged it off thinking it would be for business purposes.  I called and explained what was happening.  Naturally, he wasn't surprised.  We arranged to have him meet the boys and he has since been spending time with both boys, who are now 11 and 6, each week coaching and helping us understand their spiritual and psycic gifts.
     Currently, both boys have begun to develop their abilities.  My hope for this blog is simply to tell our story as it happens, from our own unique family perspective.  It will include what we learn, what we try, how we deal with our unique situation, and my own reflections as we travel on our journey.  Maybe it will help other families who are on the same journey. 

     Until we see one another again, breathe deeply and turn your face to the sun...

No comments:

Post a Comment