Saturday, November 5, 2011

          Some say that your soul returns for new lives to learn lessons that it didn’t learn in its previous life or that it will be ready to learn in this life.  In the process your life will cross the lives of others which will impact their life and yours. 
           I happen to believe that some lessons are hard to learn regardless of the age of one’s soul.   For example, the concept of procrastination.  We've all done it.   I'll admit it.  I'm most motivated when my To Do list is choc full of errands and other items that need doing.  I know full well that most of the list should have been done days ago, but...  For me, I think it's the satisfied feeling I get when I can scribble out the things I've done, and then finally crumple up the whole list and toss it triumphantly into the waste basket.   Other people live life differently.  These people live by the phrase  Why leave for tomorrow, what could be done today.  And while I would never admit it him, my son lives in a camp a little closer to me.  He  has no rules about procrastination.   He bathes in approaching due dates and only when his drooping eyes threaten to break his stride on the project that is due the next day, does he begin to fall apart.  And that is what happend this week.  There was some yelling, some tears, a little stomping...all the typical behaviors of, perhaps a melt down.  Panic, perhaps.
          As a matter of fact, being the mother of a couple of psychic children is not entirely all that different from being a mother of, say, two children with some other unique talent.  Their gifts have not changed the fact that they, too, are clearly here to be children, and part of that is learning some very hard lessons.  My middle schooler stands up for his bullied best friend, all the while learning that it hurts him because his friend's pain is his pain.  Oh, and the classic lesson, as you all know:  every action has a consequence.   This is still a tough one for my youngest who, as an indigo, was put here to rail up against the systems that don't work.  Well, I have news for him:  most of my systems work.   As brothers they fight like cats and dogs, and they love each other  to pieces, too.  As a matter of fact, they protect each other fiercely.  Their love for each other and connection sometimes surprises me.  Most of the time they can finish each others sentences.  Cliche?  I know. Right now they are playing on the same computer, sitting in the same chair, playing the same one-player game at the same time.  
          This will be a weekend of crumpling To Do lists, rushing to meet assignment deadlines, and closing up the soccer season.  What's next?  Well, when the list presents itself or the deadline bites us, I guess we'll know.


         Until next time...may the best lesson prevail.

No comments:

Post a Comment